Monday 30 January 2012

Freestyle

Saturday was a rest day so not much to report there .... my body felt fine with no ill-effects from Friday's run so that was good.

So my intention was to try a 10/1/10 interval on Sunday but thinking about it I realised that this would drastically cut down my running time which I obviously don't want to do just to get longer intervals in.  So I have had a think and my plan is now as follows:

Sunday: 7 minute run, 1 minute walk x 4
Tuesday: 9 minute run, 1 minute walk x 3
Thursday: 11 minute run, 1 minute walk x 3
Saturday: 13 minute run, 1 minute walk x 2

This I am hoping will get me ready for the start of the 10k programme.

So, what about last night's run?  Well, it went surprisingly well and the extra two minutes of running didn't make any difference to the speed or my mental state.  I do really enjoy the longer runs and I'm pleased that I managed four intervals (although towards the end of the fourth my legs were getting pretty heavy feeling).  So far, so good with the plan.  Again my only failing last night was to plan a route in advance and I really need to get proactive with this as otherwise I just find myself diving down side roads and paths which makes it very hard to then map the run on my return.  

Having lots of trouble trying to get myself a second-hand rowing machine, I have bid on a few on eBay but always lose out at the last minute.  I really would like to start my cross-training but finances don't yet permit.

Today I am (re)starting the 100 Pushups challenge with my better half .... can't wait to see the results, really hoping that it helps to tighten up my core.  My body shape is really changing with the two stone weight loss  and the running but my tummy after two children in two years is starting to look a bit like a deflated balloon which is somewhat deflating!  

I have just ordered myself a Saucony long sleeved running top as at the minute I am using a couple of manky old t-shirts but this means my arms are really cold even with a running jacket on top.  The new top is meant to be made of some super-doper wicking fabric so I'm looking forward to giving it a go.   

No comments:

Post a Comment