Tuesday 10 January 2012

Starting all over again ...

Well needless to say without any proper structure or support to the weight loss I gained and lost the same few pounds over and over again to the point where I gave up. However, having moved house in November 2011 I resolved to finally do something positive and lose the weight so I joined Slimming World. An added impetuous for losing the extra pounds is a family holiday (6 adults, 7 children) to France in August 2012 - I would dearly love to be able to wear a bikini and feel confident. So, I joined SW in November and have so far lost 1.5 stones and I'm very happy about that. Unfortunately I did not take any starting measurements when I started the new weightloss programme but I do know the following:

First Meeting Date: 16 November 2011
Starting Weight: 13st 12.5 lbs


I would love to say I was shocked at the weight but unfortunately not, however I am now definitely in the zone and have consistently lost weight every week (my biggest loss was 6.5 pounds, smallest 1.5 pounds). I even managed to lose 2 pounds during the Christmas week this is despite attending 4 parties on the trot.

My whole attitude to food has changed, I don't see this as a diet as to me a diet is a short-term thing and losing weight and keeping it off has to involve a change of lifestyle. I am not following any Slimming World recipes, the few that I have tried have been very disappointing taste wise but I am following their overall philosophy. This means that I only need to slightly adapt family meals to be suitable for me and therefore I can see that this will work long-term.

I have also really focused on the exercise front - I do a minimum of half hour of stepping on my Wii every day and last week I joined a Zumba class which was great fun so I will be doing that again. As before at this stage I will not be joining a gym as I cannot see it fitting into my current lifestyle and the money would just be wasted. However, I would like to do some running as I did used to enjoy this on the treadmill so I have signed up to a 5k training programme. This is via an on-line 'club' and every day they send me the training session for that day. Today is Day 4, I am currently doing their '3-Week to a 30-Minute a Day Running Habit' training programme and will then progress to the 5k training programme - think that takes 8 weeks.

Tomorrow is Slimming World (and Zumba) day so I will update my stats post weigh-in. My Wii reckons I have lost weight again this week ...... fingers crossed it's another good result.

No comments:

Post a Comment