Wednesday 21 March 2012

All In A Day's Work

Well last night's run didn't go too well, my legs felt really heavy and sluggish.  I don't know if that is as a result of being back to working full time after a year's absence, or a hangover from Sunday's run where I covered more miles than before.  The whole run was a real effort and mentally tough and considering I really didn't push myself I'm quite surprised I have the following results to show for it:

Distance = 5k

Time = 27:50

Today I have signed up for my gym induction at work as I have to have it before I am given access to the gym.  We did a tour around the building yesterday morning and, considering I don't have to pay any membership fees, it's not bad at all.  There is a nice selection of cardio machines and also a free-weights area.  I'm looking forward to using it a couple of times a week to support my running.   I have also put my name down for a boxercise class (again, all free) which I'm going on next Monday.  I haven't done boxercise before but I'm hoping it will help strengthen my core and arms.  There is also a body conditioning class and I may
well check that out too.  I am determined to get fit!

Tonight's Slimming World was a bit of a flop too, I didn't lose so much as half a pound.  Very annoying as I only have another 1.5 pounds to go before I am 10 stone something and that has been a target of mine for a while now.  Oh well, better luck next week I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment