Wednesday 18 April 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away ......

Well I have decided to do a short run every morning before work and take the dog with me.  This kills two birds with one stone - it increases my weekly mileage and gets the dog exercised.  I am only able to do this as Other Half is working in Bradford on Avon for the next couple of months so he doesn't have to leave at some ridiculous time of the morning which is what he has been doing up until now.  So far I have done the same course which is an up and back along a cycle track - it's not the most exciting of runs but takes around 30 minutes so I'm guessing I'm covering about 3 miles.  Unfortunately since I started this new regime (which admittedly was only a couple of days ago) it has pissed it down so we've been getting very wet .... the first day I virtually had to drag the dog round with me as he's not keen on the rain.  I am hoping that doing 3 or 4 miles before work each day will help with the weight loss and toning as I am still intending to do my 3 evening runs and I'm thinking about starting do do some sort of interval training (hill repeats?) on a Saturday too. 
Rommel (the dog) is certainly starting to look and get fit; he's pretty happy on runs up to 6 miles now as long as he has access to water along the way.  He was kibble fed and starting to look a bit porky a few weeks ago so I cut his food down but I think I may have cut it back too much as he's certainly looking pretty lean now.  I've been researching raw feeding for a while and at the weekend decided to take the plunge so for breakfast he's now having a chicken leg quarter which he is loving; watching him chew through meat and crunch through bone is a sight to see.  He's still being fed kibble of an evening but only until the bag runs out (at £50 for 15kg I feel loathe to throw it away).  Today I have bought him half a beef heart so I'm going to mix that with his kibble and see what he makes of it.  I'm pleased I've taken the decision to move him across to raw, he certainly approaches his chicken leg with far more enthusiasm than he ever does his kibble!

Bought the doughnuts for work today in celebration of my birthday.  We are only a small team (14 people) and we have two sets of twins and birthdays on the 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th April ... seems a bit spooky to me.  The weather was not kind to me at all, I thought I would manage to get to town and back in-between showers but that was not to be.  I had to pop into the curtain shop for some cord to repair our roman blind and it started to heave down as I was in there; the shop assistant lent me her spare umberella to get back to work, how lovely was that of her?  This is one of the reasons we are looking to move to Devizes in the next 6 months or so, I cannot imagine anyone being that thoughtful in Calne!

No comments:

Post a Comment