Sunday 10 June 2012

Weekly Catch-Up

Yes, well, clearly, this trying to keep my blog updated at regular intervals is not going at all well.  I think I am going to just have to give up kidding myself (and therefore having to apologise on a regular basis) and resign myself to the fact that I'm a twice-a-week-if-you-are-lucky kind of a girl (and yes, I am still talking about my blogging).

So, today (Sunday) I did my Race for Life but I am going to write up a separate race report for that so for now on with the week that was.

Tuesday: Club run tonight and only three of us turned up; I never realised what a bunch of fair-weather runners belonged to the club!  In fairness, I guess because today was a Bank Holiday (God bless 'yer Majesty) most of them were forced to loving spending time with their families and possibly ran earlier in the day.  However, the intrepid three that we were set off on a four mile round the town route which was at a pace that I found just slightly too fast to be comfortable.  The only reason I was able to keep up was because it was a short route, however I am sure it does me good to be pushed that bit harder than I would push myself if I was running on my own.

Wednesday: No running for me today.  Over dinner I was saying to the Other Half that I felt I was at a stage with my weight loss / running fitness that I could take the odd day off if I felt like it without jeopardising anything.  Went to Slimming World and I have put on 1.5 pounds ...... oh the irony. 

Thursday: New girl turned up at the running club tonight which was really nice to see; there are only two regular female runners (one of which is me) so we are very 'man' heavy which is no bad thing I guess, but most of them are super-fast so it's nice to meet someone else in my speed zone.  Tonight's effort session was a timed 1.5 miles; the wind was blowing a gale and on one of the long straights we were running straight into the wind and that really upped the effort having to be made.  However, results are:

Distance - 1.5 miles
Time - 11:26

Not brilliant but then I'm a bit shite a sustaining speed for any kind of distance.  Think we are retaking this test in around six weeks to see if our fitness has improved any.

Friday: Another cold and very blustery night but 8.30pm found me heading on out the door for a five mile run.  I think Other Half is very impressed by my commitment; I'm pretty impressed with it too.  Nice run apart from the wind, I was a few seconds off last week's pace but I'm not too fussed as it was more of a leg stretch than anything else.

Saturday: Rest day today ready for the big day tomorrow.  However, took the dog for a lovely walk up to Lansdowne Monument, it's a bit of a climb so whilst I didn't run, I still did quite a bit of exercise.  This is the hill I had to climb up (you can just see the monument in the distance and that is one of Wiltshire's White Horses to the left):

No comments:

Post a Comment