Saturday 14 January 2012

Cravings

In a cupboard in the kitchen I currently have two packs of Peanut Butter M&Ms, two bars of Cadbury's Wholenut and a packet of marzipan fruits .... all remain unopened and have since before Christmas. There is also another cupboard stacked with crips and chocolate that my other half takes to work. Well, so far so good in that I have managed to ignore all temptation infact, I think I actually get some perverse satisfaction from testing my will power against stuffing my face with them. However, just lately I have been having intense cravings for ...... bread! We have long since stopped buying Lurpak and now buy some ghastly olive spread but this hasn't diminished my cravings any and at the beginning of the week I managed to eat five slices of bread on the one day. It obviously didn't count against me as I managed to lose four pounds this week but I know that it cannot continue as I won't carry on being so fortunate. My cravings do seem to have calmed down a bit, infact today I managed to 'cure' them by eating two cream crackers instead (at a fraction of the calories of a slice of seeded batch loaf) but I cannot understand why I have this urge. I always thought people on 'diets' were supposed to fantasize about chocolate not wheat products!

Anyway tonight's run was another step up. The session consisted of:

Day 8: Run 3 minutes, walk 1 minute x 4 then run 1 minute, walk 1 minute x 4

I did find it suprisingly hard, especially the last three minutes of the run however I guess I could not have done this on Day 1 so I must be gaining some sort of stamina however slowly. I also seem to be running that bit faster as I am covering more ground per minute.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment