Thursday 26 January 2012

The End Is Nigh

Well today is the penultimate day of my Three Weeks to a 30 Minute Running Habit.  Today's session was as follows:

Day 20: Run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute x 5

So a really short easy run tonight except that it wasn't actually that easy.  I think a couple of things contributed to the lethargy that I felt 1) last night's run 2) eating dinner only 60 minutes before the run and 3) the shorter running time.  I do really struggle when I know I only have a couple of minutes to run, I seem to spend my time willing the clock to 0:00.  I can't find my running stride and it all goes horribly wrong.  I have also discovered that it is a definite no-no for me to eat before the run so I am going to have to plan my weekday runs accordingly.

However, I am not disheartened, as I say I think a few things conspired against me tonight and tomorrow is another day. 

On a more positive note my new running leggings arrived today so I was able to give them a test tonight and they are pretty fab considering they were quite cheap (well, compared to others on the site).  They compress the legs slightly and feel much more supportive than my fashion leggings but most importantly they don't have downward creep so the people of Calne can rest easy in the knowledge that I will not be displaying my wears to all and sundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment