Wednesday 25 January 2012

Big Happy Smiles All Round

Hurrah, Monday night's run was not a fluke!  Today's session was as follows:

Day 19: Run 4 minutes, walk 1 minute x 6

My trouble at the moment is I don't really know how much ground I cover during my runs (hence why on Monday night I had to do a detour in order to get the intervals in) which makes it hard to plan a route.  So, tonight's plan was to do 3 runs on the outward leg and then turn around and come back again - this worked surprisingly well.  Once again the run went so much better than I had hoped, I got into the lovely rhythm and just kept on going (even though on the return route there was a pretty strong headwind).  Decided to do exactly as the other night and put the timer in my pocket so I was not tempted to look at it but the time just seemed to fly by. 

I really wanted to see how far I ran so tried using Mapometer to map my route but this reckoned I had covered 4 miles in 30 minutes which I was very sceptical about.  Thankfully I ran the route that I drive for Slimming World so I used the car's odometer to check the distance and this made it exactly 3 miles which I reckon is far more accurate.  However, 3 miles is not to be sniffed at when I think back to Day 1 and doing the run / walk minute intervals and how interminable that felt.  I have already asked my better half for a Garmin Forerunner for my birthday in April as I am a real stats freak and I just know that will help me push myself.

Slimming World was also a roaring success - this week I lost 3 pounds for a total of 2 stone 1.5 pounds in just under two months.

All in all, I have one big smile on my face.

Footnote: On another subject completely, I am going to restart my 100 pushup plan on Monday as my other half has decided to join me .... he did his initial test tonight and managed 8 pushups so we will be starting from very similar points which is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment