Tuesday 17 January 2012

Race for Life

Well today's run will be the following:

Day 11: Run 3 minutes, walk 1 minute x 5

Doesn't seem too bad but then they never do when written down like that ..... I just know though that my legs are going to protest later!

But, on a more positive note, I have today entered the Race for Life. I am so excited, it's not until the 10th June but it really is going to give me a focus to work towards and, more importantly, keep me motivated to carry on. I would love to find a 5k race around the end of April as a 'warm up' and to check on my fitness. I definitely intend running the Race for Life and not just amble around like the majority do ..... I ran a different course a few years ago and finished in 32 minutes which I was pretty chuffed about as it put me up there with the leaders (the winner completed in 28 minutes).

Have also had advice from my running forum that I need to invest in a Gymboss Max for my interval training but at nearly £30 that's going to have to wait a few more weeks yet. Still it's good to know there is a device out there that is going to do the job I want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment