Sunday 5 February 2012

She'll Be Coming Round The Mountain When She Comes

And today's run was an off-roader that was extremely wet and muddy as the snow has all but disappeared here, just bloody horrible slush left.  I was absolutely caked in mud all over and my feet were soaking wet from the word go - but I loved every minute of it.  The run was down a disused railway track that forms part of the Cycle Network and the bit I ran connects Calne to Chippenham - it's 6 miles between the two towns (although I did not run that far!).  It's pretty flat with nice going underfoot for most of the route although today it was somewhat wet.  Anyway, my plan was to run for as long as I could without worrying about time and distance.  I set off at a nice, steady pace and managed to keep going, leaping over puddles with gay abandon.  Coming back to a walk, my heart rate monitor told me I managed to run for 39:26 minutes with an average heart rate of 155 bpm ....... wooohoooo.  Google Earth then informed me that I covered 3.7 miles so it's all gravy today.

Talking of gravy, tonight's dinner was roast chicken, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, yorkshire puddings, stuffing, peas and gravy - it doesn't get better than that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment