Tuesday 21 February 2012

Walking Backwards to Christmas ....

..... or at least that is what it bloody feels like.  I thought the more exercise you did the better you were meant to get at it?  Thought I would redo my 5k run tonight to see if there was any improvement in time now that I've been building up my base fitness in terms of interval training and distance running.  Well buggery hell is there.  Stats for tonight:

Distance = 5k
Time = 28:33
Average Heart Rate = 160bpm

So, quicker than the last time I ran it but not as fast as the first time I did the route.  What on earth is going on?  I have to admit to having come back to a walk a few times but for no more than 10 seconds a time and only because I felt I was actually going faster during the run bits hence why I needed to slow things down. 

I am really, really going to have to practise slowing the run down without having to come back to a walk as I am guessing that it's the walking phases, however short they are, that is knocking the time down.

Buggerit - I'm off to have my chicken kebab

No comments:

Post a Comment