Thursday 29 March 2012

Thursday Catch-Up

Monday: Not much to report for today, spent the day at Gloucester Police HQ - it's a very impressive building, all modern and sleek.  It makes them look like a very modern, forward-thinking police force I must say.

Tuesday: Tonight was my first Tuesday run with the club.  As the evenings are now lighter, the Tuesday night run is off-road and therefore that bit slower.  We did a lovely 5 mile run across fields; I wasn't too sure to begin with as we started off the run by climbing what felt like, to me at least, Mount Everest but then it levelled out and it was very, very enjoyable.  Probably the best run I have had with the club so far and it will be nice running with others more than just once a week.

Wednesday:  Slimming World was once again very disappointing - I didn't lose anything for the second week in a row.  I now have to keep a food diary to identify where I could cut down further but, to be honest, I really just need to refocus and get a grip of my bread habit.  I haven't been eating badly but eating a bit too much of a good thing is still not good.  I suppose it's a positive that I can maintain the weight but having another 1.5 stone or so to lose, I don't really want to be maintaining but still losing.  I am going to try very hard this week and see if it reaps results.

Thursday:  Tonight was mile time trial at the club - basically running a mile as quickly as possible.  These trials are held every couple of months and the idea is to see an improvement in your time.  Obv.  Anyway, tonight's result:

1 mile = 7:38

I am really pleased, I haven't run as fast as that before.  To be honest I couldn't have sustained it for any longer, I was just about beat.  I did try and do a sprint finish but definitely started my sprint a bit too early as I was flagging like anything by the last 50m.  Still, considering I was aiming for a sub-9 minute, I am pleased I got a sub-8 minute.  Next time would love it to be sub-7 but think that might be asking more than I can give at the present!

No comments:

Post a Comment