Wednesday 14 March 2012

Well What A Week It Has Been

Well what a funny old week it has been so far.  Other Half's work van managed to fail its MOT in spectacular fashion last week to the tune of £500 and seeing as it only cost £800 to buy a year ago, it didn't really make much financial sense to repair it so today the lovely man from the scrap yard came and took it away.  We've decided that Other Half will use our existing VW Polo as his work vehicle which meant we needed to find another car rather quickly as I will need it to get to work next week (well, hopefully!)  We visited a few garages on Sunday but the boys were not particularly happy about being dragged around car showrooms so Other Half took yesterday off and, with baby sitter on hand, we set off on the hunt.  And, ta da, above is a picture of my new baby, a Peugeot 307 estate.  "Pierre" is a joy to drive and I can't wait to bring him home on Saturday.

Tuesday: The afternoon saw me trying to better my time once again on the 5k route and I have the following to show for it:

Distance =  5k
Time = 26:50
Average Heart Rate = 161 bpm

I have beaten my personal best set last week to the tune of 25 seconds whilst having a (slightly) lower heart rate - I am very, very happy.

Wednesday: Today I took the dog for a walk on our usual cycle route but instead of catching the bus back we walked.  So, 14 miles later we ended up where we started - both of us are now knackered!

I also finally got my contract from Wiltshire Police today although it is still all subject to the security clearance but at least I do have something official in writing to say I have been offered a job!

Slimming World tonight rewarded me with a 3.5 pound loss so good news on that front too.  I guess all this exercise must be paying off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment