Friday 6 April 2012

Row, Row, Row Your Boat ....

Went to the gym yesterday after work as thought I would have a run on the treadmill rather than risking my throat outside.  Unfortunately all three of the treadmills were taken.  The plan was to run a 10k but with only the rowing machines available, I decided to row a 10k instead!  Surprisingly, I managed to row the 10k in pretty much the same time as I run.  The split was:

5k - 28:18
10k - 58:58

So only around 3 minutes slower than my run on Sunday!  Positive from today was that I actually managed to keep rowing constantly for the full 10k (which considering I haven't used a rowing machine in 4 years is pretty good going I think).  Slight negative was that my second 5k was not as fast as my first (by 2 mins 22 secs) but that gives me something to aim for next time.  Really enjoyed the rowing although it has resulted in today having muscle aches in places I didn't even know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment