Saturday 23 June 2012

The Rain In Spain .......

Well much to my surprise it was a good result for the TV as it turned out to be the capacitors in the end so we're only £92 lighter.

On Thursday night I was due to run a 10k race in Chippenham but the weather was so atrocious I decided to give it a miss.  At the end of the day I do running mostly for fun (although admittedly some runs are more fun than others) and I begrudge paying £13 in entry fees to ultimately not enjoy myself.  However, not all was lost, I went to the running club meet instead where we did intervals of 200m x 8 with a 45 second rest in-between.  Really hard work due to the rain and wind but I felt, having completed it, that I could justify my chippy dinner.

Today we're off to Sweat Shop in Bristol where I am going to treat myself to a decent pair of trainers.  Up to now I have been using a pair of Nikes that were bought more as fashion trainers rather than anything else, they certainly aren't designed to be a running shoe and the miles I have done in them are starting to take their toll; the heel is just about shot in both pairs and they aren't providing any support whatsoever.  I am specifically going to Sweat Shop as I know they do the gait analysis which I am interested in having done and have around £100 to splash out so I'm hoping to really get something halfway decent for that sort of money.  The last time I felt this excited was when I was on the hunt for my GPS watch ....... yes, my life is that exciting.

Tomorrow I will be posting a picture of my lovely new trainers for your approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment